Having finished the rough mortise/plunge router cuts on Monday night I set out to complete the remaining bits of the legs today. This entailed creating a series of notches for the drawer rails to fit into. To accomplish this I crafted a board and bolted it to my router table miter gauge - simple enough - the hard part came in lining up the router and setting the stop blocks.
Skipping past the hours of testing and fiddling - I had my roughly cut notches with only minor chipping around the router cuts. Not really a big deal as any chips or router blowback will be neatly tucked away in the dark/foreboding inside of the "couch" end table.
The next step was finalizing the legs by squaring up the notches and mortises. First I had to ready my chisels which lead to the inevitable stabbing of my finger and a few pints/quarts of lost blood. If I'm within two feet of a chisel I'm sure to get cut, so Band-Aids were at the ready and I patched myself up in no time. I posted a nifty before and after chiseled leg pic on the web album of this project which is available by clicking the image above. I hoped to get all the legs done today, and the apron tenons too, but I'll settle for one - if we don't get a ton of snow tomorrow I'll return to the Soule Designs Workshop and finish the job.